Mods not working?

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
code99
Inserter
Inserter

Mods not working?

Post by code99 »

Hey,

I didnt really know where to post this (i know its about mods and should probably be in the mods forums but only things i saw was release mod threads and such ... no support section for mods in general).

Anyway, long story short, im on Factorio 0.11.22 (waiting for some mods to update to 0.12) and my mod list is empty even if i have mods in the mods folder.
What gives?

The mods themselves are for 0.11.22 version of factorio ...

boro
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Mods not working?

Post by boro »

See if you have a folder like C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Factorio\mods and copy them there.

code99
Inserter
Inserter

Post by code99 »

boro wrote:See if you have a folder like C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Factorio\mods and copy them there.
Hey, thanks, that worked.

Someone should really update the wiki because it says to place the mods in the game directory instead.

boro
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by boro »

I think it depends on whether you have the zip or exe installer for factorio on where your mods should be, but I'm not too sure about that.

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FishSandwich »

code99 wrote:
boro wrote:See if you have a folder like C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Factorio\mods and copy them there.

Someone should really update the wiki because it says to place the mods in the game directory instead.
*Application directory.

The application directory depends on if you're using the installer or the zip, but you're right, the wiki isn't clear on this.

code99
Inserter
Inserter

Post by code99 »

FishSandwich wrote:
code99 wrote:

*Application directory.

The application directory depends on if you're using the installer or the zip, but you're right, the wiki isn't clear on this.
Oh, i see. Well, i think the wiki still needs to be edited a bit and tell people about the alternate directory.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

It's a wiki. Everyone can change it. ™
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “General discussion”