I have a dream...

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
vampiricdust
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

I have a dream...

Post by vampiricdust »

That one day I will have a factory that when power is too low, my speed & productivity modules will automatically change out to efficiency modules. We will have factories that actively control power to sections of the factories so that we can use rolling blackouts to run sections of our factories at a time, or shut down factories during larger attack waves. I have a dream that will soon be filled. I can't wait!

DerivePi
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: I have a dream...

Post by DerivePi »

A wired smart inserter that removes speed and productivity modules when a low power condition is met and another smart inserter that inserts efficiency modules to replace. I like it! This will require some changes to the program though.

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FishSandwich »

DerivePi wrote:A wired smart inserter that removes speed and productivity modules when a low power condition is met and another smart inserter that inserts efficiency modules to replace. I like it! This will require some changes to the program though.
I admit I don't know the ins and outs of it, but wouldn't this be possible using the same concept as emergency steam power?

vampiricdust
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by vampiricdust »

Possibly, but we can't really remove or add modules with inserters for now. Of course the main problem is that switching between modules would take 4 inserts. 1 to take out a specific module & another to put it back in. It'd be rather tough moving them around.

DaveMcW
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by DaveMcW »

Return to “General discussion”