Space Age in Gog: How to obtain the Steam Key?

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
telcontarvi
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Space Age in Gog: How to obtain the Steam Key?

Post by telcontarvi »

Hi, in the factorio web page says:

"Purchases from our website or GOG can redeem a free expansion Steam key.
If you purchase on Steam, you can link your Steam ID to our website to access the non-Steam downloads."

But it doesn't say how to obtain the Steam key if i buy the expansion from GoG

Anyone knows how to do it

Jeslijar
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Space Age in Gog: How to obtain the Steam Key?

Post by Jeslijar »

Have you linked your gog purchases to factorio.com?

if you log into your account in factorio.com there should be a way to get anything active on your account as a steam key afaik. I purchased through the factorio website directly, which gave me a key. At some point I believe they added a method for gog purchasers to register on the website here, then I think from there get a steam key.

YMMV. I didn't test this, I don't own it on gog. A few different posts on the internet imply this is possible but hasn't always been.

Edit: I may be totally wrong because their official faq page says you cannot redeem steam keys for products purchased on other platforms but their own. https://factorio.com/support/faq#q-steam-key

If I buy the game on your Purchase page will I be able to get a Steam key?

Yes, that is possible. After you have bought the game you can connect it to your Steam account at your profile page and then have your Steam key emailed to you. Linking to the Steam account is an anti-fraud mechanism. However, this free Steam key only applies to purchases made directly on our webpage: any purchases from 3rd party retailers are not eligible for a Steam key.

theolderbeholder
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Space Age in Gog: How to obtain the Steam Key?

Post by theolderbeholder »

The serial from gog works on the WUBE website. Alas, the serial is only displayed when visiting GOG.com, not from the client on your PC!
(select game from library on website, more, third option "Serial Keys")

Return to “General discussion”