Factorio price

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
JoeSides
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Factorio price

Post by JoeSides »

I am a long time Factorio playe and I got Factorio when it was crowdfunded in 2013 on Indiegogo. Been playing it ever since and I have played it vanilla and with mods. Excited to play the new Space Age expansion. It's given me 10+ years of gameplay so my opinion is that if I have to pay $35 for the expansion, then take my money because if Factorio gives me another 10+ years of gameplay with the expansion, then WUBE has gone way above and beyond.

These developers need to eat too so lets quit bitching about the price and give these guys some coin for their pockets because they DESERVE IT!!!!

Until you can tame a Biter, make mine Factorio

Joe

Neutronium
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Factorio price

Post by Neutronium »

Agreed 100%, with the game since 2016 myself. The level of entitlement from some people these days is pretty funny. You're spending $35 for something that cost millions of dollars and years to develop.

Kyralessa
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Kyralessa »

I agree completely. I paid $20 for Factorio back in 2016, and I quickly found the price I paid embarrassingly low for what I got. $35 for the expansion is a bargain.

And that's just talking about the base game. Given the number of mods people have donated their time to make, it's hard to imagine running out of varieties of Factorio to play.

polle
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by polle »

I got the game before it was released on steam and right now the website key is a few pennies more expensive then the steam version.
However, I will still buy the expansion through the website.

bolok
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by bolok »

Will expansion be availible on "factorio.com" website? Will you get steam key for DLC if you buy it that way?

Amarula
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Amarula »

bolok wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2024 12:31 pm
Will expansion be availible on "factorio.com" website? Will you get steam key for DLC if you buy it that way?
You can buy the game today on the website, to download and play standalone. You can then link your account on the website to your Steam account, and play via Steam.
You can also purchase the game on Steam, and link your Steam account to the website to download and play the standalone version.
Per previous answers from the devs, purchasing the expansion will work exactly the same way - so yes you will be able to purchase the expansion on the website, and yes you will be able to link your Steam account to play the expansion on Steam.
My own personal Factorio super-power - running out of power.

soulbadguy
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by soulbadguy »

Amarula wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2024 1:42 pm
bolok wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2024 12:31 pm
You can buy the game today on the website, to download and play standalone. You can then link your account on the website to your Steam account, and play via Steam.
You can also purchase the game on Steam, and link your Steam account to the website to download and play the standalone version.
Per previous answers from the devs, purchasing the expansion will work exactly the same way - so yes you will be able to purchase the expansion on the website, and yes you will be able to link your Steam account to play the expansion on Steam.
On a slight tangent, is better (financially) for wube when the game is paid directly on their website vs on steam ? I imagine that they get to keep the 30% cut from steam that way.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

soulbadguy wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2024 4:20 pm
On a slight tangent, is better (financially) for wube when the game is paid directly on their website vs on steam ? I imagine that they get to keep the 30% cut from steam that way.
They will still pay commission/processing fees for humble/stripe but it is save to say that that will be way lower than the 30% steam takes.

soulbadguy
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by soulbadguy »

Loewchen wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2024 4:43 pm
soulbadguy wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2024 4:20 pm
They will still pay commission/processing fees for humble/stripe but it is save to say that that will be way lower than the 30% steam takes.
Yeah make sense. I completely forgot about the payment processing fees.

Return to “General discussion”