Nintendo switch current status

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
TioQueToca74
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Nintendo switch current status

Post by TioQueToca74 »

Hello, I have searched some results about the current status of Factorio for nintendo Switch, as I have a friend that wants to buy it to play with me, but she prefers to use the Switch rather than the PC, some posts comes about it not supporting access to regular PC multiplayer list nor mods... are those problems still present?

In the case of multiplayer, I do care, because my friend lives in her house, and I live in my own house, and using vpn lan would not be nice.

The case of the mods I think is game limiting, but I understand this can be something more in the end of how close is Nintendo with their system

Thanks!

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Nintendo switch current status

Post by Loewchen »

You don't need the server browser, you can connect directly via IP. Mod support is prohibited by Nintendo and the switch is already struggling to run the base game, so mods are not going to happen.

TioQueToca74
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by TioQueToca74 »

Thanks, I know that you can link Steam to Factorio account, so you can download the regular binaries (I use that to play older versions to compare progress), the question is, is there a way to link to Nintendo, and only pay the Nintendo store fee instead of the entire game?

Is Steam Deck version having PC like features?

Nidan
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Nidan »

As far as I'm aware, the Switch version is identical and interoperable with the PC version, with the exception of mod support (due to Nintendo) and some limitations due to the limited hardware capabilities.
For definite answers check the announcement and staff posts in the related forum thread, or maybe contact support@factorio.com directly.
TioQueToca74 wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:25 pm
Is Steam Deck version having PC like features?
They are the same. The Switch version is the only one that's different.

And in case that's relevant for you: As the Switch is already struggling with the base game, I wouldn't be surprised if the upcoming expansion won't be available on the Switch. This is, however, a guess; I haven't seen any official statement about this.

Return to “General discussion”