Tooltip overflow

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
phooenix
Inserter
Inserter

Tooltip overflow

Post by phooenix »

I have alot of mods and hovering over some items make the tooltip window bigger than my screen, so the bottom part of it is outside the screen where important information is.

The only way to see it is to craft it and place it and click on it because then the "recipe", "made in" and "raw resources" are gone, and yeah i can disable showing some of these in menu but i would still want to have them, "show raw resource" i could manage without but on alot of things, information is still outside the screen.

I searched on the mod portal but didn't found any mod that fixes this, anyone have any tips?
Pretty ironic asking for more mods when part of the problem is the result of having too many mods :lol:
Unsure if this was the right forum for this question so mod can move it if it's in the wrong place.

ickputzdirwech
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Tooltip overflow

Post by ickputzdirwech »

Did you try changing the UI scale (settings -> interface -> UI scale -> custom) or dragging the recipes GUI to the top of the screen?

Also I'd say the mods an item comes from isn't really necessary unless you want to debug something and then you should rather use the prototype explorer (ctrl+shift+e). So I would recommend disabling it (settings -> interface -> Tolltips -> Show mod owners in tooltip).

Also since you mentioned the raw resources there is this mod: https://mods.factorio.com/mod/baraws. Though I suspect it might only make matters worse.

Other than that I don't know of anything that might fix your issue. Sorry if this isn't much help :(
Mods: Shortcuts for 1.1, ick's Sea Block, ick's vanilla tweaks
Tools: Atom language pack
Text quickly seems cold and unfriendly. Be careful how you write and interpret what others have written.
- A reminder for me and all who read what I write

phooenix
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Tooltip overflow

Post by phooenix »

ickputzdirwech wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2024 6:47 pm
Did you try changing the UI scale (settings -> interface -> UI scale -> custom) or dragging the recipes GUI to the top of the screen?

Also I'd say the mods an item comes from isn't really necessary unless you want to debug something and then you should rather use the prototype explorer (ctrl+shift+e). So I would recommend disabling it (settings -> interface -> Tolltips -> Show mod owners in tooltip).

Also since you mentioned the raw resources there is this mod: https://mods.factorio.com/mod/baraws. Though I suspect it might only make matters worse.

Other than that I don't know of anything that might fix your issue. Sorry if this isn't much help :(
Yeah reducing UI scale works but i like the size i have (125%) because I'm on 1440 resolution.
My idea for the tooltip would be to have the recipe on the left and then the actual thing and its properties on the right of it.
But maybe this is hardcoded into the game, feels like it could be.
Example of what i mean:

Return to “General discussion”