Is there a reason why in-game mod searching is not a proper search?

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
GlassDeviant
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Is there a reason why in-game mod searching is not a proper search?

Post by GlassDeviant »

Searching for mods in-game is a nightmare, keywords don't work correctly in multiple ways.

Example: Search in mods for the word warehouse, you get nothing, but there are actually several mods with the word warehouse in the name. This is the main issue.

Example 2: Search for the word armor, you get 8 mods but only one of them has the word armor in the name. This is less of a problem because the other 7 mods do have armor as one part of what they do, but maybe have a toggle for including/excluding mods like this.
- GD

Sorry if my posts are becoming difficult to read, my typing ability is rapidly deteriorating due to a nerve disorder. I try to clean them up before posting but don't always get every last typo.

Qon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Is there a reason why in-game mod searching is not a proper search?

Post by Qon »

GlassDeviant wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2023 7:03 pm
Example: Search in mods for the word warehouse, you get nothing,
Liar.
Screenshot from 2023-11-23 20-16-09.png
Screenshot from 2023-11-23 20-16-09.png (1.8 MiB) Viewed 557 times

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Is there a reason why in-game mod searching is not a proper search?

Post by Koub »

GlassDeviant wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2023 7:03 pm
Searching for mods in-game is a nightmare, keywords don't work correctly in multiple ways.

Example: Search in mods for the word warehouse, you get nothing, but there are actually several mods with the word warehouse in the name. This is the main issue.

Example 2: Search for the word armor, you get 8 mods but only one of them has the word armor in the name. This is less of a problem because the other 7 mods do have armor as one part of what they do, but maybe have a toggle for including/excluding mods like this.
I suspect you have filtered your mod search with the "No category" category. That's why you get no mods when searching "Warehouse" and only 8 with "armor".
Bear in mind that with 1.1, you can't "unfilter" the category if you select one. To do so, you have to leave the mod search, and get back in the mod manager.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Return to “General discussion”