What do you hope to see in 2.0

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
Theisen
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

What do you hope to see in 2.0

Post by Theisen »

What is something (Game mechanic, content, progresssion, etc, etc) you want to see added to the game in the DLC/2.0; in a concise statement?

I will go first.

I would like to see have a way to remotely build mining outpost. As it stands currently in order to place mining outpost you have to manually place blueprints, then manually move Spider-trons to build rail. Easy way to implement "remotely build mining outpost" would be to do the following to things.
  • Add functionality to drag place rail blueprints, User creates blueprints to be tiled [Vertical blueprint, Horizontal blueprint, diagonal blueprint, intersection blueprint].(A good POC, would be FARL but in the overworld map instead of having to be in a engine.)
  • When construction is queued outside of roboport range, task spidertrons to travel too and build construction commands.
NOTE: Gating this functionality behind Spider-trons would make it so its not too overpowered, and much easier to expand with a megabase in post endgame.

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: What do you hope to see in 2.0

Post by FuryoftheStars »

There's a suggestion subforum for this type of stuff.

Also, your first idea is already possible.
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: What do you hope to see in 2.0

Post by Koub »

@OP : I'll consider this thread is more like an open discussion, and let it here. Mind, however, that if everyone goes with their own desiderata in the same thread, it will probably become messy at some point.

If you want to suggest/request the devs something added/changed in the game, feel free to open a thread in the Ideas and Suggestion.

If you want me to move this into Ideas and Suggestions, I advise you to reformulate the original post and subject to explain exactly what you want (you should definitely use the suggestion template for that), and PM me so that I move your thread to the right subforum.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Return to “General discussion”