Such a DOH! day

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
Timka
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Such a DOH! day

Post by Timka »

:oops: :oops: :oops:

Yeppers it was one of those days. I admit that some of my issues are because I want to figure stuff out myself. It's a big part of the fun for me so I don't spend a lot of time in how to play forums etc.

I am finally tackling uranium because solar just can't keep up now that it's time to start launching rockets. I know when building things by hand I should always check my connects, sometimes I miss. I set up a drilling area, got that started and set up an initial 3 centrifuges. I decided to throw some tanks in the piping last minute. I then wandered off to clear a bunch of encroaching biter nests and other tasks anticipating having enough U235 to start to play around with some setups. About 2 hours later I wandered back.... I had ONE. I missed the acid tank connect... DOH!!!!! So much for my plan to play with the uranium..

So.. doing all that running around for biters nests had me riding lots of trains and then trying once again to drive a car. WHY is it so hard to drive. After the above debacle I decided to expand my radar network (I like to completely cover everything with radar). Once again... damn car. I break down and decide to look for an addon that maybe helps with driving the car. I find a post about the difficulty and solutions for it and one was max out exoskeletons. WHAT!!!!!! I mean I figured out that I can use multiples of lots of things... personal lasers, shields etc. After 300 hours played why did it not dawn on me that I could use more than one! DOH!!!!!

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Ah well, live and learn.

PS props to https://wiki.factorio.com/Tutorial:Nuclear_power perfect amount of information for people like me who want to figure most of it out themselves

Abarel
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Such a DOH! day

Post by Abarel »

Timka wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 10:56 am
[...]I admit that some of my issues are because I want to figure stuff out myself. It's a big part of the fun for me so[...]
[...]max out exoskeletons. WHAT!!!!!! I mean I figured out that I can use multiples of lots of things...[...]
I love to use multiples of lots of things, like multiple legs, including 6 wheel skates and terrain sensors for night walking, but even with multiple batteries it works intermittently: now it works, now it doesn't, now it does, now it doesn't... :roll:
Power_armor_joke.jpg
Power_armor_joke.jpg (95.8 KiB) Viewed 424 times

Local_Engineer_1596
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Such a DOH! day

Post by Local_Engineer_1596 »

Just keep going until you find out why fish are actually a very important crafting ingrdient
Yes, I am referencing spidertorns, and Yes, I have one filled with a reasonable amount of leg

Also protip on train based travel:
while in the train GUI ctrl+click on the map to make a temporary train stop there, really useful within rail-based factories. And you can set the temp stop to wait until passenger present for some train taxi shenanigans

Return to “General discussion”