Biter mining

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
blazespinnaker
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Biter mining

Post by blazespinnaker »

This sounds like the most awesome fun thing ever.

Saw it on reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/factorio/comme ... nt/k5zhyqh
The AAI Rangers aggro the biters (not sure if it's just because they're active vehicles, or if they pollute, or if it's due to the built-in radar), who run into the gun line and die. The Ranger picks up the crystals the biters drop, which then gets transferred to the AAI depot. These get sent back where they're crushed into powder, liquified with steam, and then catalysed into ores, which go through the normal Krastorio ore washing process. It outputs dirty water, so you need to double up on your filters, and it uses quite a bit of power and demands additional ammo production, so it's a lot less efficient than mining, but on a Death World, it's probably more viable than fighting to secure additional resource patches.
Except I'd create a new resource, like vita in SE, and you can only get it from mining biters like this. In fact, that'd be a very cool mod for SE.

Though maybe the whole idea is a bit too dark for main stream Factorio. Heh. It could also get rather UPS painful.
OptimaUPS Mod, pm for info.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Biter mining

Post by Koub »

This could be some sort of suggestion for a mod. Should I move the topic into the mod suggestions/requests subforum ?
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

blazespinnaker
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Biter mining

Post by blazespinnaker »

Lulz.

One of the interesting about more biter mechanics and a lot of the mods in general, and it was a conversation I was having, is that they aren't always 'realistic', but rather fairly arbitrary.

One of the interesting things about Factorio is how it works within the boundaries of known systems, and how given those constraints, create interesting constructs.

When you don't respect the constraints of well understood and commonly known systems, you are free to make very creative but what often end up being rather RNG choices. The resulting construct doesn't service a community but rather your own individual bias.
OptimaUPS Mod, pm for info.

Return to “General discussion”