The big question: Are you going to try v2?

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: The big question: Are you going to try v2?

Post by mmmPI »

mmmPI wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2023 9:31 am
I will try V2 as soon as i can,
I meant that as the full expansion, i did not realized that one could use the expression "2.0" to mean Factorio with the additionnal free content from the expansion but not all the feature like bridges quality and space Age. What i want to try is the full package, the only reason i'll play 2.0 then is if i want to play with a friend that doesn't have the expansion, or maybe if mods are done that need 2.0 as base so it wouldn't just be 2.0

Freddy404
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Freddy404 »

I haven't been playing factorio for a while, so I can do a fresh start with 2.0 / Space Age anyway.

And both the 2.0 improvements and the announced content for Space Age is far to interesting not to try. I'm already writing notes on all the ideas I have with bridges and the new combinators :D

kafopaa
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by kafopaa »

Not sure yet. The QOL improvements are pretty nice, but the new content so far looks rather meh..

Syriusz
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Syriusz »

At least some QoL will be in base game, but even if all QoL will be in base, then hell yes I will play expansion. I love the idea of quality, I love the rails, and the space. And probably, many (most?) mods will migrate to expansion, and I am not sure if they will break or not (I'm sure devs want to maintain compatibility, but I have memory of KSP mods breaking every update...). The only thing is that I want to play with my gf so I hope it will not be expensive because I have to buy it twice.

Dixi
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Dixi »

kafopaa wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:07 am
Not sure yet. The QOL improvements are pretty nice, but the new content so far looks rather meh..
New content are several big mods, as we got it. If you do not like one particular feature, like Quality, you can just disable that mod.

In whole, I'm quite surprised that there are people who are not exited about expansion of our favorite game.

epr
Inserter
Inserter

Post by epr »

Dixi wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 7:13 am
New content are several big mods, as we got it. If you do not like one particular feature, like Quality, you can just disable that mod.
In whole, I'm quite surprised that there are people who are not exited about expansion of our favorite game.
Not sure what you're excited about, when you can already have most of the new content shown so far through mods.

Haisom
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Haisom »

Where cliff explosives were moved to so late in the game... I'm leaning toward not getting the expansion. It is just too much of a deal breaker. I don't want to build in weird confined areas. I like how the current system is with cliff explosives where I have to work toward the cliff explosives to build the way I want. Also... it just doesn't make sense. I can build a rocket and go to another planet, but I can't remove cliffs? Nope, that doesn't fly.

Trific
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Trific »

Haisom wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2023 4:31 pm
Where cliff explosives were moved to so late in the game... I'm leaning toward not getting the expansion. It is just too much of a deal breaker. I don't want to build in weird confined areas. I like how the current system is with cliff explosives where I have to work toward the cliff explosives to build the way I want. Also... it just doesn't make sense. I can build a rocket and go to another planet, but I can't remove cliffs? Nope, that doesn't fly.
About 2 seconds after release, a mod will come out moving cliff explosives back to earlier in the tree.

brunzenstein
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by brunzenstein »

I will get factorio on the first day V2 arrives - even if the costs would be 50€

EustaceCS
Inserter
Inserter

Post by EustaceCS »

Trific wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 6:30 pm
About 2 seconds after release, a mod will come out moving cliff explosives back to earlier in the tree.
+ mod that tailors Quality naming to particular tastes, + mod which will allow switching to old Drone logics. Maybe more.
I don't think that it's a sign of some problem with the game design.
I think it's a sign of game's moddability taken to eleven. "If you don't like it, add few strings to a file - AND IT'S GONE!"
A nice example to follow for developers worldwide.
brunzenstein wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 7:06 pm
I will get factorio on the first day V2 arrives - even if the costs would be 50€
There was a rumor that DLC cost will be equal to base game cost. Seems justified.
V2.0 basegame will be a free upgrade.
Another nice example to follow for developers worldwide (looking at you, Super Turbo Championship Ripoff Edition).

ManaUser
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by ManaUser »

Hell yes!

I might not buy the expansion on release day, just because I basically never do that, but barring severe launch issues which I don't expect to occur, I would get it within a week at most. If I do hold off for a little bit, I'll probably hold off on starting a serious game in 2.0 as well, just because I wouldn't have time to finish it before switching to the expansion. In some alternate universe where the expansion sucks and I don't buy it, I would still be upgrading to 2.0, since everything we've heard about that sounds great.

Return to “General discussion”