FFF is killing me

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
Hopscotch1337
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

FFF is killing me

Post by Hopscotch1337 »

Since 4 weeks we are recieving the FFFs again, I used to love them but now they are real torture. To get this information of all the cool stuff, with the knowlegde that we have to wait for one more year, is killing me.

Anybody has the same feelings? Help D*:

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: FFF is killing me

Post by FuryoftheStars »

Well, so far they haven't announced anything that's gotten me all excited for, but even if they had, I feel like I'd have no problems waiting it out (even if I may post "can't wait!" in response to something. :P).

Maybe that comes with age? Because I feel like 20+ years ago I may have been just like that. :lol:
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

Gergely
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Gergely »

Factorio Friday Facts did change huh...

I don't like the current ones for two reasons:

Upgrades for the base Factorio experience are still golden, but the bittersweet issue is all of that is 2.0 which is more than a year away. I wanted the bot buffs for so long it still feels like we will never get them, and yet there's the impending doom of burning blueprints thanks to rail system changes in a year. (SO glad my 50x50 tiles will still work.) Still, that alone does not ruin a weekly devblog.

News about the expansion bother me because I want a blind Factorio experience for once. Let me preorder it and forget it exists until it surprise downloads itself one day. I trust I will be playing it. It's not like the developers owe us a weekly update like when the game was in beta. Right now I'm trying to use an AI to get an early warning if I'm about to be spoiled and I just skip the FFF if that's the case. (Though I did read the one about Quality.)

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

Gergely wrote:
Sun Oct 01, 2023 6:11 pm
Factorio Friday Facts did change huh...

I don't like the current ones for two reasons:

Upgrades for the base Factorio experience are still golden, but the bittersweet issue is all of that is 2.0 which is more than a year away. I wanted the bot buffs for so long it still feels like we will never get them, and yet there's the impending doom of burning blueprints thanks to rail system changes in a year. (SO glad my 50x50 tiles will still work.) Still, that alone does not ruin a weekly devblog.

News about the expansion bother me because I want a blind Factorio experience for once. Let me preorder it and forget it exists until it surprise downloads itself one day. I trust I will be playing it. It's not like the developers owe us a weekly update like when the game was in beta. Right now I'm trying to use an AI to get an early warning if I'm about to be spoiled and I just skip the FFF if that's the case. (Though I did read the one about Quality.)
And many were the opposite becoming impatient with the news blackout. :lol:

But from what the devs said in one of their FFFs, I think it would be safe to assume that all FFFs from now to Expansion release will be about the Expansion and 2.0 changes.
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

Gergely
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Gergely »

Now that I think about it, is 2.0 really coming out at the same time as the expansion? Was this even said or implied anywhere?

MEOWMI
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by MEOWMI »

So, so well worth the wait, I find, even if it ends up being a long one. Personally, I would probably even refrain from reading them if I felt like it was unbearable. Just gotta find something else to do in the meanwhile. Might well mean not Factorio, too. That will just make the game all that much more fresh once one returns to it.

blazespinnaker
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by blazespinnaker »

I've been thinking I may break down and use creative mod to simulate quality and start coming up with blueprints. :D
OptimaUPS Mod, pm for info.

astroshak
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by astroshak »

Gergely wrote:
Sun Oct 01, 2023 8:22 pm
Now that I think about it, is 2.0 really coming out at the same time as the expansion? Was this even said or implied anywhere?
When you say “2.0” what are you referring to, specifically?

The expansion will be several mods (we have been told of two or three so far already) as well as several changes to the base (vanilla) game that will happen at the same time.

To my understanding, the breakdown as revealed so far is this :
Mods : Quality, Elevated Rails
Vanilla : Large Power Pole range, rail changes

I have no idea if the research changes (research triggers, new techs including new recipe productivity techs) will be in the vanilla or one or more of the expansion’s mods.

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

Gergely wrote:
Most likely. The understanding I got from their FFFs before this latest batch was that 2.0 (which they originally were calling 1.2) will contain engine changes while actual content would be in the paid for section of the Expansion. Any engine changes that are exclusive to the functionality of said content would likewise be disabled without the Expansion mod(s) being enabled.

Illiander42
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Illiander42 »

astroshak wrote:
Sun Oct 01, 2023 10:00 pm

I have no idea if the research changes (research triggers, new techs including new recipe productivity techs) will be in the vanilla or one or more of the expansion’s mods.
Space will also be a mod. And they've said somewhere that there's only three mods in the expansion.

What I want to know is if Quality will require Space.

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

Illiander42 wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2023 12:00 am
astroshak wrote:

Space will also be a mod. And they've said somewhere that there's only three mods in the expansion.

It kind of sounded like Quality was going to be one of those 3 mods, so my assumption there would be no.

Gergely
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Gergely »

Thanks for spoiling it for me anyway and even sending a notification.

adam_bise
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by adam_bise »

Yes, my problem is I already know I will start a new map for the expansion, and now I don't want to put any more time in my existing map!

Gergely
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Gergely »

astroshak wrote:
Gergely wrote:
When you say “2.0” what are you referring to, specifically?
Specifically, I am referring to the next major update that will most likely include the vanilla changes they mentioned. (Biter decay, smarter robots, better rails, better science)

Way back in FFF-367 they mentioned version 1.2 and how the expansion will be based off of that same version. In FFF-377 they referred to the feature as "New Factorio 2.0 rails" so it's most likely have been quietly renamed to 2.0.

jamiechi1
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by jamiechi1 »

I would like to see some things in the FFF that are relevant now. The Experimental release recently was really good. A bit of advanced notice on releases relevent to the current game would be helpfull.
And, it would be nice if the Experimental release updates were posted on Steam.
Last edited by jamiechi1 on Sun Nov 12, 2023 1:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tertius
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Tertius »

jamiechi1 wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2023 3:08 pm
I would like to see some things in the FFF that are relevant now. The Experimental release recently was really good. A bit of advanced notice on releases relevent to the current game would be helpfull.
There are no announcements and no hints that features to vanilla Factorio discussed in the fff's for 2.0 will be released any earlier than the Space Age expansion itself. So the current game will probably stay the same as it was for the last two years until Space Age hits the road, which is according to fff-373 "planned to be about one year from now."

If you mean the research queue change in 1.1.92, well, this is not really a feature. It's just a tiny change in a default setting. It was always possible to enable the research queue at map creation manually. Now enable is the default.

computeraddict
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by computeraddict »

Illiander42 wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2023 12:00 am
iirc the quality FFF or the one right after mentioned that
green t2 and blue t3 unlock with the initial research, purple t4 unlocks on a middle planet, and orange t5 unlocks on the last planet
. I presume that if you have Space Age overhaul disabled there will be alternate unlock requirements (like blue sci, purple sci, produce-a-tX product, etc.).

pointa2b
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by pointa2b »

Sooner is better than later, but thinking about various builds to maximize quality output factory-wide while managing overflow and stuff is keeping me occupied enough lol.

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mmmPI »

Hopscotch1337 wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2023 7:56 pm
Anybody has the same feelings? Help D*:
I guess all those persons waiting in queue in front of stores to buy the latest thing. I've always seen that just on TV and never related but i think i understand a little bit better now :)

Aren't FFF like free-lootboxes that someones open for you every week ? Such anticipation before knowing what's going to be announced ? The great please or upset when seeing it after waiting the whole week ? Unlike loot-boxes though, you only pay when everything is revealed , not before; the thrill of the opening is free :D

Tertius
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Tertius »

Everybody has to learn to wait at some point in their phase of growing up.

Patience is something you can celebrate. I, for example, am currently trying to sit out Facebook. I expect them fall, and I'm currently waiting for it. I saw them spawn, I saw them growing, I saw them being big. I assume they will vanish like all the other social web services before, and the crowd will move forward. Since then I'm waiting for its fall. The decline has started, although it's not clear when exactly it started, how fast it will be, and what will remain after the fall.
It's like life watching the decline and fall of the Roman Empire, just on a slightly smaller timescale. Not Meta, I mean the product still called Facebook. It was founded 19 years ago, and in 19 years in the future, I expect myself still being around, but Facebook not. Just be patient, and future will tell. And you can be assured, future will definitely happen.

Return to “General discussion”