Industrial Revolution 3 YouTube Content

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
spynosocks
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Industrial Revolution 3 YouTube Content

Post by spynosocks »

hey i am a youtuber with 80 subs at the time of writing.
i was wanting to make a video on the mod named "industrial revolution 3" and was in the early stages of creating a "high quality," well edited video that would be categorized as fair use, however, it has come to my attention that the mod creator Deadlock989 does not approve of youtube content being made on his game if it is monetized.

I was hoping to get into contact with said creator about this, because i genuinely love the mod was really looking forward to showcase it in a similar style to a doshdoshington / martincitopants way, as they did with mods like space exploration and krastorio. I am aware that i am not legible for youtube monetization yet, however, if that ever changes, i would still like to make money on it.

if you know them as a friend or associate, please make sure to contact me on twitter @spynosocks!

thank you!

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Industrial Revolution 3 YouTube Content

Post by Koub »

This discussion already happened for an earlier version of IR (there, there, and more globally in the whole thread).
Usually, this kind of discussion derails pretty quick, so I'll keep an eye on it, on the first hint of escalation, I'll lock it.

My understanding of what Deadlock always said is "feel free to do whatever you want with IR, as long as you don't earn money from it". You're free to make youtube videos on IR3 for your own pleasure, as long as you don't do it to get money.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

spynosocks
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by spynosocks »

yes and i understand that. but i wanted to make a video on the game with money. would there be any way of contacting him to discuss details about potential revenue share?

Xorimuth
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Xorimuth »

spynosocks wrote:
Mon May 29, 2023 11:24 pm
yes and i understand that. but i wanted to make a video on the game with money. would there be any way of contacting him to discuss details about potential revenue share?
There isn't a contact for him, and that's by design. He doesn't appear to be interested in the money for himself either, so I don't think a revenue share is going to appeal to him.
My mods
Content: Freight Forwarding | Spidertron Patrols | Spidertron Enhancements | Power Overload
QoL: Factory Search | Remote Configuration | Module Inserter Simplified | Wire Shortcuts X | Ghost Warnings

spynosocks
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by spynosocks »

bruh

so why is he so restrictive on content creators trying to share his work if he doesn't care about money

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

His work, his rules.
[Koub] Well this thread goes nowhere, same requests, same arguments. Everything has been said in the other thread I linked to in my first post, Deadlock has given his opinion extensively.
Locking this.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Return to “General discussion”