Do mods prevent steam achievements permanently?

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
DarkShadow44
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Do mods prevent steam achievements permanently?

Post by DarkShadow44 »

I noticed that when loading a modded world without any mods, it seems like steam achievements are enabled, at least it shows I'm on track for "Massproduction 3".
Do achievements get reenabled when you load a modded world without mods? Because that seems like a bug, you could just cheat in a lot of items/machines/research and get steam achievements super easily.

Maybe I'm wrong though, but I don't want to test and mess up my last missing achievement. :D

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Do mods prevent steam achievements permanently?

Post by Koub »

You can't get Steam achievements on a modded world. However there are local game achievements per game, and those are not prevented by mods. If you give a look at the top part of the modded world achievements windows, it should be written.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

DarkShadow44
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DarkShadow44 »

Koub wrote:
Sun Feb 12, 2023 10:25 pm
You can't get Steam achievements on a modded world. However there are local game achievements per game, and those are not prevented by mods. If you give a look at the top part of the modded world achievements windows, it should be written.
I think you misunderstood, I mean when you when I remove the mods again after using them for a while.
Then I don't get a statement that this was a modded world, it reverts back to normal. But modded changed the world, so shouldn't achievements still be disabled?

Silari
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Silari »

The game doesn't track if mods were used on a save, only if they're currently active. Console commands get recorded permanently.

The achievement list in game will tell you if the game is using the modded list or not.

DarkShadow44
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DarkShadow44 »

Silari wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 12:49 am
The game doesn't track if mods were used on a save, only if they're currently active.
Huh interesting. But isn't that as much cheating as is using console commands? I mean mods can do what the console can do, right? IMHO mods should get recorded permanently as well.

Silari
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Silari »

Presumably they just didn't bother making a separate way to track mod usage since they already had the list of loaded mods. And it's not like you can't just cheat by editing the game files, or the save game.

Also, its just a list of things, not like it actually effects anything. There are tools to give yourself whatever steam achievements you want without even opening the game.

Return to “General discussion”