Do biters communicate? What do they call themselves?

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
MassiveDynamic
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Do biters communicate? What do they call themselves?

Post by MassiveDynamic »

So I was wondering... How intelligent are biters? Are they self aware? Can they communicate? What do they call themselves?

Do they have any internal social structure? Does their size indicate their intellect? If the engineer could speak their language, would they be hospitable to him?

ceruleanwater
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Do biters communicate? What do they call themselves?

Post by ceruleanwater »

My headcanon is that the Biter Nests are just the visible part of a much bigger underground system that interconnects all nests. That's why they pop randomly, and we don't see them straying much farther from them. They even have little hole-shaped membranes in them (the doors, of course).

If I had to guess about their society - it's their gastronomical habit of eating pollution.

berggen
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by berggen »

ceruleanwater wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2023 10:15 pm
That's why they pop randomly...
So they actually send expansion parties from one nest to an empty area. If you catch them trying to make a nest, you can kill the expansion party before it settles :)

Eternal
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Eternal »

MassiveDynamic wrote:
Fri Dec 30, 2022 7:52 pm
So I was wondering... How intelligent are biters? Are they self aware? Can they communicate? What do they call themselves?

Do they have any internal social structure? Does their size indicate their intellect? If the engineer could speak their language, would they be hospitable to him?

yep, i cant wait to use biter transportation and spiter laundry systems, just like in certain isekai anime, but pls make bigger biters do more so we dont lag the game :D

Return to “General discussion”