Quality level run-off poll

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.

What labels would you prefer for Factorio quality levels?

The names used in FFF-375 introducing quality: Normal, Uncommon, Rare, Epic, Legendary.
27%
The names that came top in the preceding poll: Basic, Improved, Superior, Exceptional, Perfect.
45%
Just numbers: Q1, Q2, Q3, Q4, Q5.
24%
Letter grades: e.g. E, D, C, B, A.
4%

Total votes: 82

XT-248
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Quality level run-off poll

Post by XT-248 »

Stringweasel wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2024 11:42 am
Kyralessa wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2024 10:12 am
Upon reflection, I like the original names (including "Legendary") as I find the alternatives pretty boring.
I've also come around to it. It's clear in meaning, and fun to say. And we shouldn't take Factorio so seriously in any case. There's already quite a few non-serious parts in that's easy to forget. Like the only way to replenish your health is to go fishing, and eat the fish. In an industrial automation game. :D
I take Factorio seriously from an optimization point of view (spreadsheet/math/finding-the-prefect-ratio/etc.).

If I want to take a break from 'serious' fun, I will look somewhere other than 'playing the factory must grow' Factorio gameplay.

Iliurgul
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Quality level run-off poll

Post by Iliurgul »

Hello there!

I was planning on writing a post about how strange it feels to me seeing the standard RPG tier names of Normal, Uncommon, Rare, Epic, Legendary in a game like this, so industrialised, mass production based, with an utiltarian theme... but I guess there are plenty of thoughts like this already written here and many other threads.

So, I will leave my vote on the poll, and I hope before release of SA we can see a better choice of names for quality other than devaluated RPG tier names, or maybe they get changed in the future. At the end of the day, if the stack inserter is getting a new more precise name, it could well be the same case for quality tier names.

Keep the factory growing!

Return to “General discussion”