How do YOU fight biter nests?

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
Aardwolf
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: How do YOU fight biter nests?

Post by Aardwolf »

Combat shotgun with piercing bullets, and power armor MK2 with 3 fusion reactors, 9 energy shield MK2, and 2 exoskeletons.

The exoskeletons are there just to walk faster while building my base (and I wish there was space for more). But for fighting monsters: who needs to walk faster when you've got 3 fusion reactors charging up your shields :)

EDIT: Before I had the MK2 armor I also built power pole lines and laser turrets near their camp, building new laser turrets closer by and removing the farthest ones to gradually get closer
Last edited by Aardwolf on Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Alekthefirst
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: How do YOU fight biter nests?

Post by Alekthefirst »

Aardwolf wrote:Combat shotgun with piercing bullets, and power armor MK2 with 3 fusion reactors, 9 energy shield MK2, and 2 exoskeletons.

The exoskeletons are there just to walk faster while building my base (and I wish there was space for more). But for fighting monsters: who needs to walk faster when you've got 3 fusion reactors charging up your shields :)
I had this tactic aswell, before i lost my world to a simple save-overwrite, but for earlier game a modular armor + loads of lasers is usually good enough to get shit wrecked. Before you have lasers, the only option is to use gun turrets to charge down smaller bases, impossible though on my world. ( I have max biter spawns and fragmentation set to give me HUGE bases all over the place)
Factorio is a game about automating everything. One day, i hope i can automate shitty signatures just like this one.

Return to “General discussion”