Release in 2015?

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
Legoman165
Inserter
Inserter

Release in 2015?

Post by Legoman165 »

So just googled Factorio and according to Google Factorio will be released in 2015? Also don't think The Chinese Room is developing it. Could be wrong though!

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Release in 2015?

Post by FishSandwich »

Yes devs predict steam release for summer 2015.

slpwnd
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by slpwnd »

The current plan is to go to Steam Early Access after the 0.12.

Piranha
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Piranha »

Is it known if there will be a price increase once you guys launch to steam? I have a few friends that I keep trying to get to purchase the game but they want to wait until it's on steam. Telling them they get a steam key has failed many times but maybe if I let them know it may be cheaper now to purchase it will push them over the line and just buy the game already!! haha

GewaltSam
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by GewaltSam »

If I remember correctly, they plan to increase the price a bit at some point, possibly along with the steam release. If your friends wanna get it in any case, it would be smart to do it sooner than later. And I would be surprised if pre-steam customers don't get a Steam key also.

slpwnd
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by slpwnd »

Piranha wrote:Is it known if there will be a price increase once you guys launch to steam? I have a few friends that I keep trying to get to purchase the game but they want to wait until it's on steam. Telling them they get a steam key has failed many times but maybe if I let them know it may be cheaper now to purchase it will push them over the line and just buy the game already!! haha
There will be for sure. Actually there might be already a slight increase when 0.11 gets stable.

Piranha
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Piranha »

slpwnd wrote:
Piranha wrote:Is it known if there will be a price increase once you guys launch to steam? I have a few friends that I keep trying to get to purchase the game but they want to wait until it's on steam. Telling them they get a steam key has failed many times but maybe if I let them know it may be cheaper now to purchase it will push them over the line and just buy the game already!! haha
There will be for sure. Actually there might be already a slight increase when 0.11 gets stable.

Thanks, I'll try and convince again :)

Return to “General discussion”