Factorio Lore

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Factorio Lore

Post by ssilk »

Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

silman
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by silman »

Mangledpork wrote:The day must be longer than it appears in-game, because if the planet rotated fast enough for days to pass like that, it would cancel out the gravity and fling everything into space.
I was just thinking the same thing, unless this planet had massive gravity...

So theres two pieces of evidence that the game is sped up: 1) If it were real time the rotation of the planet would require massive gravity to cancel out the planet flinging its inhabitants off and 2) Unless our hero moved with extremely speed and amazing precision there is no way he could build the machines he does the amount of time he does.

roothorick
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by roothorick »

I think the campaign gives us most of our answers. Our hero never was supposed to be here -- his ship suffered some catastrophic failure, spilled its guts all over the hemisphere, and somehow left him alive, but with next to no supplies, on a tentatively colonized planet where the colonies are quickly being overrun by an unforseen wildlife menace. The obvious course of action is to get the hell out before the biters destroy any hope of escaping the atmosphere, but you know... our hero is an exceptionally talented engineer, and this planet is incredibly resource-rich. He just might be able to succeed where others failed. Turn back the tide. Rebuild this shattered fragment of the human empire under his own banner.

Return to “General discussion”