do terrain generation are important ?

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
Hellatze
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

do terrain generation are important ?

Post by Hellatze »

i read roadmap in 0.16 and none of them interest me. terrain generation only change how the terrain looks like, not adding more interesting biome. artilerry train are good, but the enemy itself are just biters. why should i make that ? unless that artillery train are experimental units. 0.16 gonna be boring roadmap for me.

i think the most intresting part probably changes of GUI, since i current GUI are annoying.

also please dont talk about mod in this thread.

Daid
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: do terrain generation are important ?

Post by Daid »

Better modding support for the terrain generation would be a welcome change.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

Your personal interest is of little importance to be honest. What's important is : every single change in 0.16 is to make the game better. Thus, every change in the 0.16 roadmap is totally worth it.
Maybe what's going to be better, you don't care of. That's OK. But the game is not designed for you personnally. It's designed to be the best possible overall.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Jap2.0 »

Everything in 0.16 is exciting to me. High resolution stuff? Yep, let's hope my pc can handle it. A better GUI would be... better, and optimizations are always welcome. I agree that the mod portal is a bit of a mess and needs to be redone, and the terrain gets boring quite quickly right now.

Also, artillery trains. One of the most exciting things in the update, personally, because I like trains and it's also nice to be able to destroy biters without getting chewed up.
There are 10 types of people: those who get this joke and those who don't.

Hellatze
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Hellatze »

Koub wrote:Your personal interest is of little importance to be honest. What's important is : every single change in 0.16 is to make the game better. Thus, every change in the 0.16 roadmap is totally worth it.
Maybe what's going to be better, you don't care of. That's OK. But the game is not designed for you personnally. It's designed to be the best possible overall.
Nothing all worth it if they keep updating like this. This game was too easy to play, unless you play with mod. Ypu can say like that because you are a moderator.

Hellatze
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Hellatze »

Jap2.0 wrote:Everything in 0.16 is exciting to me. High resolution stuff? Yep, let's hope my pc can handle it. A better GUI would be... better, and optimizations are always welcome. I agree that the mod portal is a bit of a mess and needs to be redone, and the terrain gets boring quite quickly right now.

Also, artillery trains. One of the most exciting things in the update, personally, because I like trains and it's also nice to be able to destroy biters without getting chewed up.
Then why it should be trains ? Normal artillery do the job, if they have it. The biter are too boring to fight, just have tank / nuke to finish them off.

Unless we have unique enemy that make us to use the train.

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Jap2.0 »

Hellatze wrote:
Jap2.0 wrote:Everything in 0.16 is exciting to me. High resolution stuff? Yep, let's hope my pc can handle it. A better GUI would be... better, and optimizations are always welcome. I agree that the mod portal is a bit of a mess and needs to be redone, and the terrain gets boring quite quickly right now.

Then why it should be trains ? Normal artillery do the job, if they have it. The biter are too boring to fight, just have tank / nuke to finish them off.

Artillery trains are designed to destroy any biter expansion somewhat near your walls. If you had static artillery, you would have to have many pieces all around your base. With trains, you only need a few. Another good reasons is because trains are cool and fun. You know, everyone likes getting run over, right ;)?
There are 10 types of people: those who get this joke and those who don't.

Hellatze
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Hellatze »

Jap2.0 wrote:
Hellatze wrote:

Artillery trains are designed to destroy any biter expansion somewhat near your walls. If you had static artillery, you would have to have many pieces all around your base. With trains, you only need a few. Another good reasons is because trains are cool and fun. You know, everyone likes getting run over, right ;)?
I hate getting run over the train.

Also why use train if we use it for static defence ?

Who want to place raiload for attacking biter base ?

I think havong AI unit in this game will be nice. Than having train.

Return to “General discussion”