mods are not installed

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
InsOnix
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

mods are not installed

Post by InsOnix »

Since the release of version 1.1, I first entered the game and encountered a problem - the mods are not installed. Clicking the install button displays the message "You are signed in as InsOnix via Steam". After this message, the game returns to the main menu.

С момента выхода версии 1.1 впервые зашёл в игру и столкнулся с проблемой - моды не устанавливаются. При нажатии кнопки "установить" появляется сообщение "Вы вошли как InsOnix через Steam". После этого сообщения игра возвращается в главное меню.
Attachments
error.png
error.png (1.89 MiB) Viewed 2685 times

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: mods are not installed

Post by Loewchen »

Post your log after a session with the issue, see 52433.

InsOnix
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by InsOnix »

A new problem has occurred - LOG file is missing. Before that, there was a LOG file of the last year (up to version 1.1) in the folder. I reinstalled the game after completely deleting all files. After installation, I went into the game, checked the mods - nothing has changed, the same error.
Then I started a new game and made a save - I could not find the save file in the game folder, but the save in the game works. This is what the game folder looks like.
I could not find the file with the game on the computer, synchronization with the cloud is disabled. What can I do wrong :(

Возникла новая проблема - отсутствует LOG-файл. Перед этим в папке был LOG-файл прошлого года (до версии 1.1). Переустановил игру, перед этим полностью удалив все файлы. После установки зашёл в игру, проверил моды - ничего не изменилось, всё та же ошибка.
После запустил новую игру и сделал сохранение - файл сохранения в папке с игрой не нашёл, но сохранение в игре работает. Вот так выглядит папка с игрой.
Файла с игрой на компьютере я так и не нашёл, синхронизация с облаком отключена. Что я могу делать не так :(
Attachments
factorio-no log.png
factorio-no log.png (16.67 KiB) Viewed 2673 times

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

Then you are not actually using that directory. What directory does steam show with: Right click on Factorio > Properties > Local files > Browse... ?

InsOnix
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by InsOnix »

Already checked, checked again - the address is the same as in the last screenshot.
I did a computer search for "Factorio" and was surprised at the result.
Despite the fact that the game is installed and registered in local files on the "D" drive, its "working" files with the created save appeared in the "C" drive, as in the screenshot.
Actually, here is the LOG file.

Уже проверял, ещё раз проверил - адрес тот же, что и на последнем скриншоте.
Сделал поиск по компьютеру по запросу "Factorio", удивился результату.
Несмотря на то, что игра устанавливается и прописывается в локальных файлах в диск "D", её "работающие" файлы с созданным сохранением оказались в диске "C", как на скриншоте.
Собственно, вот LOG-файл.
Attachments
factorio-new.png
factorio-new.png (57.08 KiB) Viewed 2643 times
factorio-previous.log
(9.62 KiB) Downloaded 106 times
factorio-current.log
(9.6 KiB) Downloaded 104 times

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

Status code: 403
41.280 Error ModPortal.cpp:555: Mod portal API call failed: status 403, error:
The server does not accept your credentials when trying to download mods, not sure how that works with the token while using steam login, I'd try the factorio.com credentials on mods.factorio.com just to check if that works for you in general.

InsOnix
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by InsOnix »

I checked - the authorization went through without problems. I am confused by the fact that the game keeps its files on the "C" drive, and not in "D", as written in local files - is this normal?

Проверил - авторизация прошла без проблем. Меня смущает тот факт, что игра держит свои файлы на диске "C", а не в "D", как прописано в локальных файлах - это нормально?

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

The two directories are fine, try renaming the player-data.json and then starting the game.

jagholin
Inserter
Inserter

Post by jagholin »

InsOnix wrote:
Thu Sep 09, 2021 12:18 pm
I checked - the authorization went through without problems. I am confused by the fact that the game keeps its files on the "C" drive, and not in "D", as written in local files - is this normal?

Проверил - авторизация прошла без проблем. Меня смущает тот факт, что игра держит свои файлы на диске "C", а не в "D", как прописано в локальных файлах - это нормально?
Это не только нормально, но было таким образом наверно уже лет 20. Программы не должны ничего писать в Program Files, даже в "свои" директории, потому как для этого у них может не оказаться достаточно прав. Вместо этого используется директория %appdata% которая обычно находится в C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming. Loewchen здесь немного ошибся.

У факторио есть standalone версия которая будет писать логи и сейвы в ту же папку откуда ее запускали, это удобно например если носить факторку на флешке. Но это специальный случай.

Return to “Technical Help”