Factorio startup Freezes

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
SkinnerOne
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Factorio startup Freezes

Post by SkinnerOne »

I used the in-game MOD subscription feature to subscribe to a number of mods today.

Unfortunately when the game tied to re-start and download the new mods it freezes while loading Beltlayer.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling from Steam but the same freeze happens during the Beltlayer download at 4% complete.

I have spent about 5 hours today looking for an answer and found nothing . I've looked everywhere I could think of even doing searched for a mods folder on all associated hard drives.

I am at a loss. with well over 3000 hours playing this game I am borderline having withdrawals . Can anybody offer suggestions?

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Factorio startup Freezes

Post by mmmPI »

SkinnerOne wrote:
Mon Sep 06, 2021 8:18 pm
I've looked everywhere I could think of even doing searched for a mods folder on all associated hard drives.
for me i do, windows+R, it prompt me to execute a task, i write "appdata" then the folder is located there => AppData\Roaming\Factorio\mods

You could always delete everything there :) or try and look for the culprit, trying them 1 by 1 , starting with "beltlayer mod". ( maybe also look on the mod page for compatibility issues)

i'm not quite sure why reinstalling the game from steam didn't also removed the mods.

SkinnerOne
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Factorio startup Freezes

Post by SkinnerOne »

Thank you. Usinf the appdayain a command line found e3xactly where my mods were. I deleted the Beltlayer there and it loaded fine! Thank you very much :D

Return to “Technical Help”