Inserter stack size gone, after bob's mod (un)install

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
DutchKevv
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Inserter stack size gone, after bob's mod (un)install

Post by DutchKevv »

Hi There,

First of all, what a game..... damn!

But, I have been working nights and nights to build a base, tried a mod after launching rockets (bobs mods), and after removing them all, the inserters don't have a stack size anymore :(

I looked on google, but didn't find much.

Point is: even after re-installing, re-uninstalling etc.. I cant get the stack size back.

I dont want to use commands, cause then the achievements will not be triggered..

Any tips??

Thanks!

MEOWMI
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Inserter stack size gone, after bob's mod (un)install

Post by MEOWMI »

For what it's worth, I'm also interested in knowing if this has a good solution.

There are ways to re-enable achievements and I think this is a case that would easily warrant it, if you do end up feeling like learning some hex editing and finding all the commands you need for your save. If you're already interested in a deep dive, take a look here, but note that it can take some time to get working: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=29709

Unfortunately I suspect its unrecoverable otherwise, but I don't know for sure. My impression is that mods can add stuff and change stuff, but as far as I know, there's no functionality to have any sort of migration when removing a mod. (Migration = way to replace an existing data type with another, typically used for preserving data while updating data names. For more technical detail: Factorio API reference.) This leads to a case where a mod can migrate entities or techs into its own custom types, but you can then never uninstall that mod without breaking your save because there's no migration in the other direction, and this is what could cause entities on the map to just disappear even when a compromise replacement would exist. As I mentioned, I'm really not sure if there's no backwards migration but I think that might be the unfortunate case.

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

MEOWMI wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 10:59 am
There are ways to re-enable achievements and I think this is a case that would easily warrant it, if you do end up feeling like learning some hex editing and finding all the commands you need for your save.
@OP has used mods, so hex-editing to re-enable steam achievements is pretty straight cheating. For non-steam achievements you don't need a hex editor to get achievement-safe commands.

Code: Select all

/sudo us.reset_technology_effects()
Author of: Belt Planner, Hand Crank Generator, Screenshot Maker, /sudo and more.
Mod support languages: 日本語, Deutsch, English
My code in the post above is dedicated to the public domain under CC0.

MEOWMI
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by MEOWMI »

Hmm, true, with mods you wouldn't get Steam achievements anyway. Also not sure why that command isn't listed on the Wiki, seems like a big omission. Can't even find out what sudo does in this context, given that the Wiki claims LUA disables achievements. I have no doubt that your command is right, though.

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

MEOWMI wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:42 am
Also not sure why that command isn't listed on the Wiki
Because it's a mod. See my signature.
Author of: Belt Planner, Hand Crank Generator, Screenshot Maker, /sudo and more.
Mod support languages: 日本語, Deutsch, English
My code in the post above is dedicated to the public domain under CC0.

Return to “Technical Help”