[1.1.36] Media keys break game input/focus

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
343N
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[1.1.36] Media keys break game input/focus

Post by 343N »

Hi!

On my Corsair K70, pressing the media keys (stop, forward, back, play/pause) causes Factorio to stop registering all of my inputs, including keyboard presses, mouse clicks, and updates to the cursor position (including the border of the window in windowed mode). This happens anywhere during gameplay (other than on the loading screen), and there is seemingly no fix, and doesn't seem to disappear with time. The only solution is to restart the game (though alt-f4 doesn't respond either).

Here in this video you can see the game window suddenly stops reacting to my mouse movements, which is when I press my media keys:
Here's my log file:
factorio-current.log
(5.76 KiB) Downloaded 61 times
If it is windowed, I can alt-tab in and out, but if it is full-screen, I cannot bring focus to another window or exit fullscreen (via alt+enter) on that same monitor.

I have not been able to test this on any other keyboard, however binding my mouse key to the media keys via software also produces the same result.

If it's relevant, this issue seems to be present in versions after 0.17.79 (using Steam beta versions as the means to test). The 0.16 beta does not have this issue.

Thank you.

343N
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [1.1.36] Media keys break game input/focus

Post by 343N »

Turns out it's an issue with running Overwolf alongside Factorio, Overwolf added Factorio to it's list of games on it's own. Disable Overwolf for Factorio if you have it installed.

Return to “Technical Help”