How to use the new headless server for [1.1.35]? (linux)

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
maxjo
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

How to use the new headless server for [1.1.35]? (linux)

Post by maxjo »

I've just started playing this game and I loved it a lot, so I decided to make a server on my old (linux-ubuntu) laptop to play it with my friends.
After some searching I found a factorio headless server for 1.1.35 on Snap. It came out just 6 days ago so I couldn't find any info about how to use this(there may be some idk). I looked at the wiki and some tutorials and this new headless server seemed different and it didn't help. I managed to run the server because it came with a 'how to use' and it was fairly easy to make it.

However I still don't know how to deal with maps. like map generation options or using an already saved map, I couldn't find json or lua files for these configurations. Any help would be appreciated.

p.s. I wonder why I can't find any info about this particular headless server, is it because it's new or am I missing something?

Qon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: How to use the new headless server for [1.1.35]? (linux)

Post by Qon »

What info is available on earlier versions that is lacking for 1.1.35? Isn't the info on the wiki enough and up to date?

Ghoulish
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: How to use the new headless server for [1.1.35]? (linux)

Post by Ghoulish »

Easiest way is to start a single player game, set the map up as you prefer (water/resources/biters etc) Save the game, and then upload the saves/ and /mods/ folders to your server.

Other way is to edit the files directly, check out map-gen-settings.example and map-settings.example in the data/ folder.
See the daily™ struggles with my Factory! :D https://www.twitch.tv/repetitivebeats

Return to “Technical Help”