Wrong Colour

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
Commandelicious
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Wrong Colour

Post by Commandelicious »

I have something odd happening with version 1.1.35

I just downloaded it, so its the clearest install. I start it and it's false colour, blue all over like some kind of colour blind mode. When I click outside of it it changes back to looking normal for half a second.
So I fiddled around with it, pulling my Second Life Window over it, in the background Factorio looked normal. I put Factorio in focus: Blue again. I tried taking screenshots but as soon as I activate screenpresso it looks normal again.
The work around: I put it onto my other screen, and it works. But listen up: It then only looks normal on the screen it didn't start up on!
Colour blind modes are of course disabled.

My leftern one is a 4k monitor running on only Full HD, rightern one is a full HD screen.
ryzen whatever with man cores and a AMD Radeon 580 XT (which graphics drivers I updated last week, fighting with AMD Suppt because I use Windows 8.1 and they don't provide Win 8 drivers, don't ask)

Silari
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Wrong Colour

Post by Silari »

Someone's posted about a similar thing before, found the thread on reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/factorio/comme ... int_issue/

Short version - they reverted their graphics drivers to an older version and it was fixed.

Commandelicious
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Wrong Colour

Post by Commandelicious »

Wow thank you! I was googling like a crazy person! :)
Found a billion threats about colour blind settings.

It is odd, because when I switch the monitor in the settings it works, and with my old graphics drivers other things don't work.

Thankies! <3

Return to “Technical Help”