[1.1.34] Can't load save: transport line groups are not consistent

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
Minzkraut
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[1.1.34] Can't load save: transport line groups are not consistent

Post by Minzkraut »

I've been playing multiplayer with a friend and after an 8 hour session I had to reconnect, only to get this error trying to connect: "transport line groups are not consistent"
The host tried to reload the game and got the same error message.
Even the autosaves are all corrupted.

Unfortunately I don't know what I did to cause this issue. I searched the forum and apparently this was an issue with underground belts and ghosts, but as far as I can tell this should have been fixed in a previous version?

The Log is not very helpful as it only contains the same message with no further details: https://pastebin.com/TSfmjZ84
The savegame is attached.

Is there any way to manually inspect the save files to try and recover the progress? Losing 8 Hours of progress is quite a bummer :/
Any help is appreciated
Attachments
_autosave3.zip
(11.53 MiB) Downloaded 87 times

boskid
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [1.1.34] Can't load save: transport line groups are not consistent

Post by boskid »

I will look into why there is this error showing here. In the meantime you can load this save file just fine from from the "Load game" window by selecting the save file and pressing "Load" button while holding Control. This is a modifier key to load the save file in prototype changed mode which also does some recovery steps and in this case it recalculates the transport line groups.

boskid
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by boskid »

I looked into this save file and it is really weird. The error is showing correctly because one of the transport lines is slightly corrupted. If you look at the transport belt at {340.5, 52.5} there is one belt with copper ore which is pointing wrong direction and is "deactivated manually" while not having any control behavior that could deactivate it.
corrupted belt
Because of the save file corruption there is not much i can look for without any reproduction steps.

Minzkraut
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Minzkraut »

Ahh, Ctrl Load is a life saver Image
I have no idea how me managed to mess that conveyor up. But at least the progress isn't lost

Return to “Technical Help”