[1.1.33] Mac Lag after 15 min of playing

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
lpearl
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[1.1.33] Mac Lag after 15 min of playing

Post by lpearl »

I started playing again and after updating to 1.1.33 from 0.18 there was extreme lag. I spend the past day trying to troubleshoot, and I have made some progress. Switching to the nonsteam version has seemed to let the game run longer before starting to lag. The game runs perfectly fine for 15-20 min the all of a sudden it will start to lag. I have tried turning off mods, turning off vsync, and lowering the quality to minimum. Nothing has worked :( The lag is very speratic so I'm not sure what's going on. The system seems to be under low load, 35% CPU use, and around 7GB of free ram. Restarting the game makes it run perfectly for 15-20 min but after that time it will start to lag again. I really want to play with the new features so I hope someone can help!

Video Link https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OcDm8G ... sp=sharing

Big Sur - 11.3.1
2.4 GHz 8 core i9
32GB Ram
AMD Radeon Pro 5500M

Edit:
I tested 1.0 and played for over an hour with the same settings. I guess it's only a problem with 1.1.33.
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(7.55 KiB) Downloaded 99 times
Test.zip
(4.14 MiB) Downloaded 102 times

Return to “Technical Help”