server mismatch

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
foxdragon
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

server mismatch

Post by foxdragon »

hello,

i'm kind of new here , i runn factorio on a linux docker server that a friend set up, it have been set up to update factorio to the latest stable version when i restart the server or docker container, i whas dusting off that server yesterday and restarted it and it updated to version 1.1.28 while the latest stable is 1.1.27, i could still log in yester by using the experimantal version yesterday but that have been updated now to 1.1.30

TLDR
server 1.1.28
stable client 1.1.27
experimental 1.1.30

what to do ?

oof2win2
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: server mismatch

Post by oof2win2 »

Probably update to the latest experimental versions until they catch up being marked as stable? You could also set up another docker instance and just push in the savefile of 1.1.27, which would load it in the latest stable.

foxdragon
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by foxdragon »

the problem is, for a brief moment yesterday there whas a stable 1.1.28 for the server to update to and it did , turning my save on te server to a 1.1.28 that whas a problem that i could work around by running the 1.1.28 experimental client but they removed that so the save i got is 1.1.28 and can't enter till they update the server and client to the same

so remaking the docker container and putting the saves in there would not work becus it can't downgrade maps right ?

Twinsen
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Twinsen »

You can't downgrade maps.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

You can for example use 1.1.28 for your client.
From here https://factorio.com/download/archive or from the Steam beta settings.

Twinsen
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Twinsen »

Actually this looks like an error in the community docker image. It incorrectly marks versions as stable.

foxdragon
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by foxdragon »

that's the thing steam don't have the 1.1.28 beta it have been removed
Experimental - 1.1.28 on the link you gif is only a linux one ( i play the game on windows )

foxdragon
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by foxdragon »

friend that make the server for me say they marked a not stable version as stable at the docker image, he is checking it out :D

Return to “Technical Help”