[1.1.27] Changing sprite resolution to high on GeForce Now

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
Arty0m
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[1.1.27] Changing sprite resolution to high on GeForce Now

Post by Arty0m »

When i changing sprite resoluting to "High" it requires to restart the game to apply changes, it works fine while i playing in Factorion on my computer.
When i confirming restart game while i playing Factorio in GeForce Now my current game-session is closed without restarting game. After starting new session sprite resoluting is still "Normal".

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [1.1.27] Changing sprite resolution to high in cloudgaming service GeForce Now

Post by Klonan »

Contact GeForce support

I don't really see why they would start the game in normal res, since thats normally for weak and old GPUs

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [1.1.27] Changing sprite resolution to high in cloudgaming service GeForce Now

Post by posila »

They are forcing it to normal in config.ini

Arty0m
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Arty0m »

So, by default it is set to "High". Is it true, that when I change this option and press restart this option new value is writen to the config.ini before game is closed?

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by posila »

Arty0m wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:32 pm
So, by default it is set to "High". Is it true, that when I change this option and press restart this option new value is writen to the config.ini before game is closed?
Yes, it would have defaulted to High on GPUs that Geforce Now servers are using, and yes, the game writes the new value to config.ini when you confirm the changes. And GeForce Now will overwrite the config.ini value back to "Normal" when launching the game again.

Arty0m
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Arty0m »

posila wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:44 pm
Arty0m wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:32 pm
Yes, it would have defaulted to High on GPUs that Geforce Now servers are using, and yes, the game writes the new value to config.ini when you confirm the changes. And GeForce Now will overwrite the config.ini value back to "Normal" when launching the game again.
What strings are responsible for the sprite resolution?

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by posila »

graphics-quality

Arty0m
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Arty0m »

posila wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:40 pm
graphics-quality
It influence only on sprite resolution?

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by posila »

Arty0m wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:45 pm
It influence only on sprite resolution?
Correct

Arty0m
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Arty0m »

Because GeForce Now, I think, will even not discuss the possibility of disabling resetting, because of their understanding of optimization, maybe this is not hard to implement forcing this option throu launch parametrs?

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by posila »

If it is possible to set launch parameters, then following will force high sprite resolution regardless of config value.

Code: Select all

--graphics-quality=high

Arty0m
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Arty0m »

posila wrote:
Fri Mar 19, 2021 6:32 am
If it is possible to set launch parameters, then following will force high sprite resolution regardless of config value.

Code: Select all

--graphics-quality=high
Despite in options it is still says that sprite resolution is normal, in game I can see that it is high.

Thank you very much!

Return to “Technical Help”