[1.1.26] Extremely Slow Saving/Loading Times

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
Blake81
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[1.1.26] Extremely Slow Saving/Loading Times

Post by Blake81 »

So, I've been on my current Factorio map for +500 hours, so as you may imagine, my explored map area is A LOT. However, for some strange reason on these last few days, the game, that used to load, save and autosave within 2 seconds, is now taking over 2-3 FULL MINUTES to load. To the point I've had to disable Autosaves. Also, when I'm moving fast to somewhere (like say, aboard a Spidertron), the game lags and stutters like it never had before.

I've read on the net that, when a Factorio map gets big, this kind of thing starts to happen. So, is there some way I can make it so saving/loading no longer takes so long? I don't mind using Mods and the like to solve it.

Thanks in advance.

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [1.1.26] Extremely Slow Saving/Loading Times

Post by Klonan »

Can you provide the save game? There isn't much specific insight/advice we can give without it

Blake81
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [1.1.26] Extremely Slow Saving/Loading Times

Post by Blake81 »

Klonan wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:29 am
Can you provide the save game? There isn't much specific insight/advice we can give without it
Whoa! Never thought I'd get a reply from the Devs :P

Sadly I don't have it anymore. Used one of those "Chunk Clearing" mods that un-revealed all map but my factories and speed went back to normal. Looks like the problem was that I had explored just TOO MUCH; my revealed map was bigger than the fully zoomed-out map, and my save was 2.3GBs (it went back to about 663MBs after the clearing). So, yeah, the extreme slowness was caused by the either the size of the save and/or the amount of map explored. Not the best solution, but at least I can have fun again.

Return to “Technical Help”