Steam remote storage affecting "since last played"

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
bouncebag
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Steam remote storage affecting "since last played"

Post by bouncebag »

While playing 1.1.13 I ran out of steam remote storage, also since 1.1.14 the Updated screen with changelog has appeared on every startup. Not only when updated and first time playing since update (as was normal)

This may be linked. Not sure if a bug as could be remedied by freeing up steam remote storage I assume.

Screenshot is what greets me on every startup.

I always run latest experimental branch when available.

Thank you for making such a great game.
Attachments
20210205234522_1.jpg
20210205234522_1.jpg (279.01 KiB) Viewed 1180 times

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Steam remote storage affecting "since last played"

Post by Rseding91 »

Moving to technical help. Running out of remote storage means you have a lot of save files and is not something we can control. It shows you what is going wrong and past that it's up to you to solve.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

bouncebag
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by bouncebag »

So removing save files is the ONLY way of fixing the "Updated to version" splash screen from appearing every time?

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

bouncebag wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:14 pm
So removing save files is the ONLY way of fixing the "Updated to version" splash screen from appearing every time?
You can also disable steam cloud so it stops trying to use it.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by posila »

Rseding91 wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 3:29 am
You can also disable steam cloud so it stops trying to use it.
That won't help at this state. As Steam version always saves player data files through Steam Remote Storage API regardless of cloud sync being enabled or not. What cloud sync option changes is whether Steam will sync saves folder with local Steam Cloud cache before the game is started and after the game is terminated, and whether the local cache is being synced with the cloud.

So deleting saves so that the saves folder has under 4 GB (or 3.5 GB for safe measure), closing the game so Steam syncs the change with the local cache, and then disabling Cloud sync would make the error go away, and you could put the removed saves back.

Return to “Technical Help”