[1.1.19] Crash after clicking anything after loading screen

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
nepp95
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

[1.1.19] Crash after clicking anything after loading screen

Post by nepp95 »

Hello,

Since the latest update, my game crashes after I click on anything after the loading screen is completed.

After loading, I get the popup with the changelog. Naturally you click on "Continue", but it doesn't matter where I click, as soon as I do the game crashes. I have tried removing all mods physically from the mods folder (deleted the mods folder entirely).

Attached you will find my logfile, which as far as my eyes tell me, doesn't contain anything strange. The only adjustment I have made, which worked on previous versions, is hard linking the Factorio folder in AppData to a cloud storage folder of mine. This is visible in the logfile with the write path. I have also attached the config file.

If you need any more information, please let me know.

Kind regards,
Niels
Attachments
config.ini
(26.58 KiB) Downloaded 49 times
factorio-current.log
(4.82 KiB) Downloaded 51 times

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [1.1.19] Crash after clicking anything after loading screen

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report. The log file doesn't show any crash and last time someone had an issue like this it turned out to be the discord overlay was broken and disabling it fixed it for them. I recommend you try that.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

nepp95
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [1.1.19] Crash after clicking anything after loading screen

Post by nepp95 »

Thank you for your quick response.

The discord overlay was disabled in Discord itself, so it is weird that that should be the problem. Closing discord does work however, but very strange since the overlay was not turned off. This problem didn't arise in previous versions. It is not a big issue, but being able to talk to others while gaming is preferred.

Return to “Technical Help”