[closed] How to run factorio server and game from one account on Steam?

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
mustafa1453
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[closed] How to run factorio server and game from one account on Steam?

Post by mustafa1453 »

I have a network issue(lagging) while playing in mp mode. So I decided to set up own dedicated server and then play on it. I used this scenario - https://wiki.factorio.com/index.php?tit ... ess_server, and it runs well. However, after I run it, I can't to run factorio game. It says "Couldn't create lock file {path}\.lock: 32. Is another instance alreadt running?".

So the question is - is it possible to run factorio game during running server?
Last edited by mustafa1453 on Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: How to run factorio server and game from one account on Steam?

Post by Loewchen »

You need to install another instance of factorio to run the headless server from, but if you indeed are having network issues that prevent you from simply hosting a multiplayer game directly, then hosting a multiplayer game on a headless server on the same network will not help you either.

Zavian
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Zavian »

When installing a second copy of Factorio I recommend using the .zip version. The .exe version and the Steam version by default will both share the same working directory, which is likely to cause problems.

mustafa1453
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by mustafa1453 »

Thanks for reply. As Loewchen mentioned, network issue still exists, even with headless server.

Return to “Technical Help”