Unable to download

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
MisterFlibble
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Unable to download

Post by MisterFlibble »

When i try to download the alpha the download starts and proceeds for several MB(variable, always less than 5) before stopping (speed drops to zero). Several minutes later the download status says "unknown network error" (in chrome at least). I am on a windows PC and have paid for alpha access and upgraded my account (checked account status on the account settings screen). Not using any download manager, and i have tried on chrome, firefox and ie. The demo downloads fine, but i can't get any version of the alpha either stable or experimental. I have a fairly simple internet setup, no proxies or anything and haven't had this problem before, any help would be appreciated.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Unable to download

Post by ssilk »

There are sometimes problems with the amazon cloud. It nearly always works, after some time. Try to get a new IP, reboot your pc to refresh your IP-cache. If not working within 24 hours please come back. :)

The devs stated, they will change this vom Amazon S3 to virtual Linode within the next weeks. See last FFF https://www.factorio.com/blog/post/fff-80.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

MisterFlibble
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by MisterFlibble »

no worries i'll keep trying

infinitehubgear
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by infinitehubgear »

Downloading 0.11.20 was slow but it worked the first time for me.
Hope it eventually works for you!

Return to “Technical Help”