[1.1.2] Alerts not appearing next to taskbar

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
-DeadlyKitten
Inserter
Inserter

[1.1.2] Alerts not appearing next to taskbar

Post by -DeadlyKitten »

the alerts are missing from their normal position next to the task bar
it appears similar to if you used /alerts <enable/disable/mute/unmute> <alert type> to disable alearts but i get the error message 'alert type entity_destroyed isn't disabled' if I try fix the issue using the command

What did you do?
I was playing a game and relised after a few hours that i was no longer getting icons when entities were destroyed, after some testing it appears all alerts are removed from next to the task bar (location 3 in image), the issue persisted after restarting factorio and moving the save to vanilla

What happened?
the alerts are gone despite several things that should be showing them
sounds and map icons are still present

What did you expect to happen instead?
alerts at location 3

showcase
biters eating science at location 1, ghosts in robo network with out resources at location 2, icons on mini map at location 4, no icon at location 3
response from failed command at location 5
Screenshot 2020-11-28.png
Screenshot 2020-11-28.png (5.39 MiB) Viewed 1376 times
this seems similar to https://steamcommunity.com/app/427520/d ... 653699418/ but their fix does not work for me
thanks for anyone who has an idea how to fix this
Attachments
factorio-previous.log
(174.43 KiB) Downloaded 90 times
factorio-current.log
(7.5 KiB) Downloaded 93 times

-DeadlyKitten
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [1.1.2] Alerts not appearing next to taskbar

Post by -DeadlyKitten »

Update: I got a quick fixed by going back 20 minutes to the last auto save before the issue started
I have had the issue described above 6 times now
in addition I got a 2nd issue where all UI on the bottom of the screen disappeared, (quickbar, alerts, weapons, and crafting queue)
this 2nd issue I got once at the beginning of the game as well
I believe it has something to do with when I am designing builds to do with bots but I am not sure

-DeadlyKitten
Inserter
Inserter

Post by -DeadlyKitten »

Fixed,
for others who have this problem:

the mod more minimap autohide was installed and i did not know about it,
the fix listed here: https://steamcommunity.com/app/427520/d ... 653699418/ is to press control + N did not work because that hot key is also used by another mod except is some circumstances where it let the hotkey through
the 2nd issue of bottom UI disappearing is caused by the hotkey control + B which I seem to have mis-clicked
I did not experience it but it can also cause
missing research display (control + T)
and missing minimap (control + M)

if you experience these, i recomond looking through your mods and searching for more minimap autohide

lob26
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by lob26 »

THANK YOU!!!!
I've been looking for a solution for this for SO long! Restarted so many saves... all because of a simple hotkey on a small mod hahaha!
Cannot thank you enough good sir!

Return to “Technical Help”