[1.0.0] 130hour save becoming really laggy

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
Krakenson
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[1.0.0] 130hour save becoming really laggy

Post by Krakenson »

I've been playing with my friend from scratch on a newly generated map for the 1.0.0 release.

The map has been generated to be sort of an islands map with enemies cranked all the way to the max. After 130h of gameplay and some expansion, those islands we have to conquer next are completely covered in red (as in enemies).

After we've done some further exploring with spidertrons and artillery the game is now really unplayable, hitting like 5fps when its on server and 30fps on singleplayer. There seems to be insane amount of bugs clumped together in those supernests and everytime the game starts loading those "chunks" it seems to drop the fps rapidly.

Is there anything we can do to improve the perfomance on multiplayer so we don't have to play on 5 fps when trying to clear those supernests? My hardware specs are not exactly highend anymore but it's still good enough I would say: i7-8700k; 32GB RAM 3200Mhz;GTX 1070ti; server is on .M2 ssd.

The server is running in a docker container on WSL2. And doesn't seem to be bottlenecked by anything.

I attached the save file, if you go all the way south west on the train track you will probably get to the point where the fps drop hits hard.

Also when playin this save in multiplayer it's impossible to catch up when joining the game if there is already someone in game. We literally have to pause the game so the other person can join since the catching up is progressing backwards and reaches 0.

EDIT: I've updated the save file since the one I provided before was not exactly the one I wanted to upload. On this updated save file if you go to the place where I'm at in the screenshot you can see the fps starts dropping.
EDIT2: Changed the screenshot to include the debugging info and attached factorio logs

Attachments
factorio-current - kopie.log
(8.33 KiB) Downloaded 56 times
mp_map.zip
(42.72 MiB) Downloaded 86 times

Krakenson
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [1.0.0] 130hour save becoming really laggy

Post by Krakenson »

Tried to clear the clumped bugs by the edges of the nests in hopes it may help, but it doesn't seem to do anything. It's still lagging even after I cleared all of those leftover bugs that run away from the artillery. In singleplayer i was able to get stable-ish 50fps. But when we try to load the save in multiplayer it's like impossible to do anything. Game is running at like 20fps max.

Please tell me there is a way to fix this, don't really want to loose this world. It's really fun to deal with these ridiculous amounts of bugs and this is also our longest playthrough.

Krakenson
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [1.0.0] 130hour save becoming really laggy

Post by Krakenson »

Managed to fix it by running a command to clear all enemies

Code: Select all

/c game.forces["enemy"].kill_all_units()
However, is there a way to do this without losing achievements?

Return to “Technical Help”