No alert sounds

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
MadMarlin
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

No alert sounds

Post by MadMarlin »

I've seen this posted a few times in other places (reddit for example) but can't find anything in these forums, my apologies if this has already been answered.

I get the Alert triangle indicating turrets are firing on biters, and also the red triangle when things are being damaged. However I now get no sound at all in either case. Originally I was getting the normal alert sound, but it was so quiet I turned the alerts volume up to 100% (and all others down to make it stand out). Somehow doing that has made the alert sound stop entirely. I tried turning alert volume to 95% (something less than 100 in case that was the issue), but no joy.
It's been a few days with several saves, and I am not getting an alert sound anymore.

Thanks for any help,
MM

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: No alert sounds

Post by valneq »

The sound only plays after entities have been destroyed. There is three levels of warning:
  1. Turrets engage the enemy: yellow warning symbol
  2. Entities are being damaged: red warning symbol
  3. Entities have been destroyed: red warning symbol & alert sound
I suspect that you have not lost any entities (buildings, vehicles, bots) for several days.

Can you please confirm that my description is how your game behaves?
Do you hear alert sounds when a turret gets destroyed by enemy forces?

MadMarlin
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: No alert sounds

Post by MadMarlin »

Thanks for the reply and information. You are correct that I have not lost any buildings (turrets in this case). I thought I did get an audible alert before but I guess I am wrong.

Thank you again!
MM

Return to “Technical Help”