Linked my account, lost character in offline and online games.

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
kilebantick
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Linked my account, lost character in offline and online games.

Post by kilebantick »

Hey guys.

Put around 200 hours into a local account which I recently chucked onto a dedicated server for my mates and I.

Decided to grab a mod which required that I create an account and then link it to my steam account which is fine.

After acquiring said mod, jumped back into my server only to see that the game forces me to link with my steam account and thus completely abandon my previous profile.

It won't let me unlink my account to try and re-name myself to get my old character, its stats and inventory back either, as I've apparently done this too many times (in my recent memory I haven't done this. I only created a Factorio, Factorio Mod thing and then a Forum account today.

Is there any way at all that I am able to reclaim my old character, its inventory and associated statistics? Don't really feel like losing those 200 hours worth of good times together.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Linked my account, lost character in offline and online games.

Post by Loewchen »

Contact support@factorio.com and state what factorio.com account you want to link to what steam account.

kilebantick
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by kilebantick »

I have sent them an email, hopefully they are able to assist.

It's not so much linking a Factorio account with a steam account, the profile I have lost was a local profile.

When I first launched the game it asked for a username, so I created one by the name of "Onthebagz" (ignore my childish humor).

Played a bunch of time on a map using that name.

I had to link my steam account to my factorio account to download mods, so I did that.

Now whenever I log in, no matter what I try to do, it changed my name to my Factorio account, not "Onthebagz" and I lose all of my progress.

Edit: I have had some success downloading the standalone and forcing my name to be Onthebagz through a console command.

Is there going to be a way to do this using my steam copy or am I stuck with this standalone?

Edit Edit: I have resolved this issue by not enforcing player verification on my server and forcing my old username, this gives me access to everything again.

Thanks.

Ph0t0n
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Ph0t0n »

What does "forcing my old username" mean? How do you do that?

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Klonan »

For future reference:
kilebantick wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:19 pm
Is there any way at all that I am able to reclaim my old character, its inventory and associated statistics? Don't really feel like losing those 200 hours worth of good times together.
Just run the command in-game:
/swap-players old-username new-username

It will switch all the inventory and everything

Return to “Technical Help”