[1.0.0] FPS drops to 5 every 5 minutes

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
Inkvatordor
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[1.0.0] FPS drops to 5 every 5 minutes

Post by Inkvatordor »

After running game and playing for ~5 minutes my FPS drops to 5 and lower. If i wait some it raises again to ~60, but after ~5 minutes it drops again. My base is small, and i never expirienced this before. I tried to stop all work on my factory and run away from it but it didn't help. I thought it happening because my PC overheating but it's not.

Attachments
factorio-current.log
Log
(6.21 KiB) Downloaded 62 times
W2-33.zip
Save
(5.52 MiB) Downloaded 46 times

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [1.0.0] FPS drops to 5 every 5 minutes

Post by valneq »

Considering this is only an FPS and not a UPS issue, have you tried playing around with the graphics options?
Sometimes it helps to turn on/off vsync, or the usage of the flip presentation model.

Inkvatordor
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Inkvatordor »

Yes i tried to turn everything off but that didn't helped

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

To put it simply: *damn* that is an old and weak GPU (9500 GT from 2009). Comparing it to my 1660 TI (a mid-range graphics card from 2019) my GPU is 92 times more powerful.

You need to drastically lower the graphics quality: change it to "normal". If that doesn't work; you just need a newer computer. Sorry.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Inkvatordor
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Inkvatordor »

Even on lowest graphics FPS suddenly changes from 60 to 5, from 5 to 60, from 60 to 5 etc. I tried to stop all work on my base, but it didn't help. My PC is weak, but i used to play on bigger base and everything were alright. Even before this problem happend to me my FPS were around 60, and 30 near steam engines and furnaces.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

Try deactivating vsync or running it on opgengl.

Zavian
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Zavian »

Looking at the images in the OP, I'm wondering whether the performance drops might be tied to Factorio's day/night cycle. In the images in the OP the light composition step (amongst others) takes significantly longer during twilight/night.

It might be worth testing with Factorio set to always day, to see whether that helps. https://wiki.factorio.com/Console#Turn_off_night

Return to “Technical Help”