unspecified file character not found in line

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
AnarCon
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

unspecified file character not found in line

Post by AnarCon »

i get this error when trying to launch the game, ive tried installing it in 3 seperate locations without any improvment:
<unspecified file>(1): "=" character not found in line
any help is most appriciated, im addicted to the game so the sooner i get it fixed the faster i can back to my micromanging addiction :P
version: 0.11.16 if that got anything to do with it

AnarCon
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: unspecified file character not found in line

Post by AnarCon »

hmmm seems to be a corrupt installer, dl'ed the ziped version and seems to work fine :) YAY :mrgreen:

AnarCon
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by AnarCon »

and it seems the error is back
now affects the old versions as well
initialy it was saying something was wrong in the config.ini file, i check and it was blanked out, is this cuz i have several installations?
however i found a defaul_config.ini with it and copied what was in that to the config.ini file and it started atleast, however it said the player data was corrupted so now i gotta store it all over again and start from scratch on my save most likely
any help on issue is most appriciated

cube
Former Staff
Former Staff

Post by cube »

Your data are stored in ApplicationDirectory, try deleting C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Factorio

Return to “Technical Help”