[0.17.79] Game keeps crashing after X amount of time

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
MalkD13
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[0.17.79] Game keeps crashing after X amount of time

Post by MalkD13 »

It's my first time trying to play since I upgraded to Windows 10. The first few crashes froze/bsod my computer. I do the regular checks, SFC, Chkdsk, etc. Find nothing wrong. I clean install my graphics drivers and my copy of the game. It feezes the computer again and I have to restart. I search online to see if anyone else is having this problem and decide to try running it with --force-opengl starting command. Game plays for almost twice the length of time before crashing, but this time it doesn't freeze my computer and i get an error log. Each crash has different errors though So i've attached the 2 latest logs. I'm not sure what else to do. Please help.
Attachments
factorio-previous.log
(7.37 KiB) Downloaded 34 times
factorio-current.log
(3.77 KiB) Downloaded 54 times

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.17.79] Game keeps crashing after X amount of time

Post by Rseding91 »

If you're getting BSODs then that's a hardware of driver issue. Also looking at the crash log it crashed in a place that should never have any issues (and a place i've never seen any issues). That also makes me think hardware issue on your computer.

As for what hardware: that's not something I can tell from just the crash logs. But there's nothing we can do from the games side to fix your issues.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “Technical Help”