Headless Linux server loading earlier version of save

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
PimpChicken
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Headless Linux server loading earlier version of save

Post by PimpChicken »

I'm having a strange issue with my headless Linux server. I'm managing it with factorio-init, and everything seems to work properly (my friend can connect over the internet just fine), however the game is loading an older version of the save file. I've only copied 1 save file .zip into /opt/factorio/saves, but the version the server is running is at about 6 hours of gameplay instead of 9+. When I load this same file on my PC it works fine.

I'm pretty sure factorio-init uses --start-server-load-latest, so I'm at a loss here.

I should note that the same thing happens when I run the server manually with --start-server and point to the same save file.

Any ideas?

UPDATE: I seem to have found a solution to this issue, although I'm not sure why it works. I noticed there were 3 autosave files saved on the same day as my last session, albeit not as recently as my latest "manual" save. I copied all 3 including my actual latest save and now the map seems to be loading correctly.

Return to “Technical Help”