Issues with Restoration and Migrations last maps in last patchs

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
Emii
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Issues with Restoration and Migrations last maps in last patchs

Post by Emii »

Hello people, it is my first topic so.. be sweet, pls. :oops:

In other hand, the problem is basically, the nexts:
1) I can´t recovering or loading maps or games since patch 0.17, but wichs are from 0.16 or 0.15, or including 0.14, is possibly to loading, and it appears in "migrations" screen game (load game, basically), but maps i last patches are impossible.

2) I tried manual moving to migrations from my last directory, trying differents locations and testing it, but doesn´t work (only xxx.lua and zip archives from last directory last patch 0.17.79).

I dont have a big map, a big "city" or complexes systems in the game, but its sad when you lost all "work" done last months, almost it only suppose to lost green science phase, full science development or similar, depending each player, sure. :x :roll:

At the end, is it possible recover that games? Is it an error you know about it before? Well, i hope no more players suffer this problem, or this helps to fixing it..

Relating to this, the next versions will invalidate save games from last patches, or was it only "a needed hurt"? It was a new since patch 0.16.XX, and it crashed my heart. :shock:

Ty for all. Greetings. :D

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Issues with Restoration and Migrations last maps in last patchs

Post by Loewchen »

What exact version of the game is the save from that you want to migrate?
Post a log after trying to load the save in the version you are trying to migrate to.

Emii
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Emii »

The saves which makes that incident are from 0.17.79, and it occurs in 0.18.00, in experimental version.
In other hand, the saves in "original" version works normally, no problem or errors there.
Curiously, I dont receive any message, only, I can´t see as save in load window (i have seen saves from others versions that can not be loaded, but its not the situation).

Sorry, I don´t have more info.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

Emii wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:58 pm
Sorry, I don´t have more info.
Loewchen wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:04 pm
Post a log after trying to load the save in the version you are trying to migrate to.

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by posila »

Emii wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:58 pm
Curiously, I dont receive any message, only, I can´t see as save in load window
It sounds like you have 0.17.79 side-by-side 0.18 and one of the version is installed (either from our installer, or from Steam) and the other is from portable zip package. They don't search for saves in the same folder. Or you redirected where the game is saving by editing config.ini. Please post logs from both 0.17 and 0.18. https://wiki.factorio.com/index.php?title=Log_file

Return to “Technical Help”