How to automatically promote players after a while in multiplayer? (0.17 headlesss)

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
krakatau
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

How to automatically promote players after a while in multiplayer? (0.17 headlesss)

Post by krakatau »

Hi there factory workers!

For the last few days I have been hosting a server and have run into the problems of people crippling manufactory for all sorts of random reasons (mostly benign).

I don't want to manually promote people to regulars or admins because when the server is busy this creates a tension with people that are not promoted. So let the computer decide right?

Now I have seen the permissions panel and I know that Redmew amongst others of our tribes use scripts (or scenario's?) to auto-promote people to 'Regulars' or something a like. Yet for the light of day I can't find a way to set this up on my server (Debian Buster).

I figure there must be some Lua script involved and us being who we are, i can't imagine that someone somewhere hasn't made awesome work of it to do so.

If anyone knows, step forth, and spaghetti be gone!

Salut!

Krakatau

Return to “Technical Help”