unable to extract logistic-robot.png

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
NoWis9
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

unable to extract logistic-robot.png

Post by NoWis9 »

I downloaded the zip-package for Factorio version 0.17.69 (https://factorio.com/get-download/0.17. ... n64-manual).
I wasn't able to extract "logistic-robot.png" at "Factorio_0.17.69/data/base/graphics/entity/logistic-robot/logistic-robot.png". (Note: this is not "Factorio_0.17.69\data\base\graphics\icons\logistic-robot.png", which i was able to extract.)
I used the standard windows explorer zip-extraction. The error code was "0x80004005" (Unknown Error).

When trying to extract with WinRAR I get a more helpful error message, which states that there is an error with the Checksum and that the archive is damaged.

I already downloaded it again, after it didn't work so the problem probably doesn't happen when downloading.
Attachments
The properties of the file that i'm unable to extract
The properties of the file that i'm unable to extract
logistic-robot_properties.png (9.74 KiB) Viewed 1480 times

DaveMcW
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: unable to extract logistic-robot.png

Post by DaveMcW »

What is the file size of Factorio_x64_0.17.69.zip?

NoWis9
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by NoWis9 »

Size: 1,22 GB (1.321.114.304 Byte)
Size on disk: 1,22 GB (1.321.115.648 Byte)

I'm not sure what exactly the difference between these two is.

I downloaded Factorio_0.16.51 and i was able to extract the logistic-robot.png from there. It has the same CRC-32 checksum (?) and size, so I think it is the same picture. I'm not sure, if the CRC-32 value would change if the archive is damaged.
Attachments
logistic-robot_properties_0.16.51.png
logistic-robot_properties_0.16.51.png (9.88 KiB) Viewed 1449 times

Honktown
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Honktown »

The difference with size and size on disk is how the system manages 'allocation units', which are the smallest piece of disk space addressable. For a long time, the smallest allocation unit would be 4 kilobytes, so a 1 kilobyte file would require 4 kilobytes of disk space, or a 499 kilobyte file would require 500, the nearest multiple up.
I have mods! I guess!
Link

NoWis9
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by NoWis9 »

ah, interesting

Return to “Technical Help”