Unable to clear hotbar slots on PC

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
dmosn
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Unable to clear hotbar slots on PC

Post by dmosn »

I am unable to clear items from a hotbar/toolbar when playing on PC. E.g. if I fill all 10 slots on a bar I will never be able to change the items. I also play on mac and it is easy to clear the items there with ctrl+right click, but the same tooltip on PC says to use middle click. This does not work and there are no options in the control settings to change the key binding.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Unable to clear hotbar slots on PC

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report. The control is "select filter" which is middle mouse button by default. Check your control settings - if you're playing between a mac and a PC it may be causing issues syncing the config file across them.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

kbk
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by kbk »

Rseding91 wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:12 pm
The control is "select filter" which is middle mouse button by default.
Since it is in inventory section of hotkeys and since it does quite opposite thing there ("add filter from hand stack" at first press, and only then "clear filter" at second press) would you mind adding another binding specifically for clearing of quickbar slots to quickbar section? By the way, why is this binding restricted to mouse keys only?

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

kbk wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:18 pm
Rseding91 wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:12 pm
The control is "select filter" which is middle mouse button by default.
Since it is in inventory section of hotkeys and since it does quite opposite thing there ("add filter from hand stack" at first press, and only then "clear filter" at second press) would you mind adding another binding specifically for clearing of quickbar slots to quickbar section? By the way, why is this binding restricted to mouse keys only?
All inventory button interaction is limited to mouse buttons because the game doesn't know if you're trying to interact with the slot unless you both position the cursor at the slot and use the mouse button.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

kbk
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by kbk »

Rseding91 wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:37 pm
OK. Kinda unnatural it doesn't happen on hover though, but I suppose this might have some performance drawbacks if is at all possible.

Return to “Technical Help”