[0.17.66] Crash when starting (Linux)

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
Annihilator
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[0.17.66] Crash when starting (Linux)

Post by Annihilator »

Hello everyone,

since I doubt it's a bug, I rather post it here. I just downloaded the 0.17.66 Generic Linux tar package, unpacked and started the game. Nothing was altered, so no mods or anything. It crashes when creating the bitmaps. Previous versions worked fine on the same machine a few weeks ago, but I can't remember which the last version that worked was. The log file is attached.

Thank you for any suggestions!
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(31.42 KiB) Downloaded 76 times

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.17.66] Crash when starting (Linux)

Post by BlueTemplar »

It would likely help the devs if you could figure out which version is still working ?
BobDiggity (mod-scenario-pack)

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by posila »

You seem to be using nightly build of development version of Mesa graphics driver. It might be helpful to report the crash to Mesa people (they should be able to reproduce it with 0.17 demo too)

Crashes this line

Code: Select all

glGetTexImage(GL_TEXTURE_2D, 0, GL_RGBA, GL_UNSIGNED_BYTE, data.data());
Texture bound at the time has 256x256 px and format GL_COMPRESSED_RGBA_S3TC_DXT5_EXT

Annihilator
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Annihilator »

Thank you for the help and sorry for the late reply, I was on holidays and couldn't test it.

Going back to the original drivers solved the problem immediately. I think I wanted to fix something else by trying the development drivers...

Return to “Technical Help”