[0.17.66] mod mismatch OSX client/linux server

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
jshufro
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[0.17.66] mod mismatch OSX client/linux server

Post by jshufro »

I'm running a modded headless binary on a host on my local network with a handful of mods (seablock).
I'm able to connect from my windows machine no problem, by my friend/coworker using the same mods is unable to connect from an OSX machine.

He's seeing
Mods mismatch detected!
boblogistics: Mod contents are different even though versions are the same. The most common cause of this is improper Mod Setting usage (conditionally requiring files based on mod settings). This can also be caused by modifying a mod files on the client or server but not the other.
Which is concerning because he's also doing:
[~/Library/Application Support/factorio/mods] [] [kube:dev02nym2]
$ md5 boblogistics_0.17.15.zip
MD5 (boblogistics_0.17.15.zip) = b48cdec9e6b0a74645783e6906374a46
[~/Library/Application Support/factorio/mods] [] [kube:dev02nym2]
$ md5 ~/Downloads/boblogistics_0.17.15.zip
MD5 (/Users/jesmet/Downloads/boblogistics_0.17.15.zip) = b48cdec9e6b0a74645783e6906374a46
to compare my .zip and the one the automatic sync placed on his system (please ignore his kubernetes-related PS1)

My windows machine is able to connect to the linux server no problemo. He's perfectly able to connect to the same host running a mod-free version of the game on a different port, so connectivity isn't an issue- just the mod thing.

jshufro
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [0.17.66] mod mismatch OSX client/linux server

Post by jshufro »

For posterity: copying mod-settings.dat from my host to his solved the issue

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.17.66] mod mismatch OSX client/linux server

Post by eradicator »

You quoted it yourself:
The most common cause of this is improper Mod Setting usage (conditionally requiring files based on mod settings).
You should thus report the bug to the mod author.
Author of: Belt Planner, Hand Crank Generator, Screenshot Maker, /sudo and more.
Mod support languages: 日本語, Deutsch, English
My code in the post above is dedicated to the public domain under CC0.

Return to “Technical Help”