Delete Savegames?

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
Dexter2078
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Delete Savegames?

Post by Dexter2078 »

Hey there,

I have accumulated alot of savegames and would like to delete some. I noticed that it's not possible to manage savegame files ingame and found them under ...appdata/roaming/factorio. (Windows 10, Steam installation)
After deleting them and launching the game Steam got stuck at the "launching game..." window and my file browser was still open with the directory so I noticed that steam wasnt stuck, it was very slowly restoring my just deleted savefiles.
At a rate of about one every 10 seconds, and i just deleted about 150 of them. Went to the trashcan and restored them, at least that skiped the slow restoring and steam reacted again.

So my question is, how am I supposed to manage my savegame files with this thing going on?
Is this the steam cloud at work? Never really looked into it.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Delete Savegames?

Post by Loewchen »

Dexter2078 wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:39 pm
So my question is, how am I supposed to manage my savegame files with this thing going on?
Is this the steam cloud at work?
Click on the trash bin on the top right when selecting a save.
Yes.

Dexter2078
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Dexter2078 »

Yes, but deleting 150 files like this is simply too much, can't delete them in chunks.
And what about this file syncing? Can't I turn that off somewhere? Haven't found anything ingame.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

Dexter2078 wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:45 pm
And what about this file syncing? Can't I turn that off somewhere? Haven't found anything ingame.
->

Return to “Technical Help”